13 Industry placements in a remote or rural locations
There is no charge to attend this webinar.
An industry placement is an extended period of structured time that a student spends in your workplace, developing real skills and making a meaningful contribution to your organisation.
Many employers are already offering industry placements, which will be a fundamental part of T Levels – a new course designed by employers for 16-19-year olds, which combines classroom learning with a substantial industry placement (at least 315 hours).
Many employers are already offering industry placements, including those in rural and remote areas whose premises are difficult to access via public transport.
In this 1-hour webinar, we’ll give you an overview of what industry placements are, how they can be hosted in hard-to-reach settings, and the government support now available to help you.
The webinar will cover:
- What are industry placements and T Levels?
- The business benefits of offering industry placements, for example: cost-effective channels for recruitment, fresh ideas, talent pipeline, reputation in your community / industry
- What industry placement models are available and how these might work for rural / remote businesses
- How employers are overcoming challenges in remote locations
- Case study insights from those already offering industry placements
- The government support available to help you
Who is the webinar for?
This webinar is for anyone who would like to know more about industry placements and how you might offer these in hard-to-reach settings. The content has been designed with HR and Learning and Development professionals, Managers and decision makers in mind.
Speakers and presenters
The webinar has been commissioned by the Department for Education and will be delivered by SDN. SDN is at the forefront of helping organisations to explore how apprenticeships and technical education can contribute to the development of their workforce.