The role of line managers and mentors
There is no charge to attend this webinar.
An industry placement is an extended period of structured time that a student spends in your workplace, developing real skills and making a meaningful contribution to your organisation.
Many employers are already offering industry placements, which will be a fundamental part of T Levels – a new course designed by employers for 16-19-year olds, which combines classroom learning with a substantial industry placement (at least 315 hours).
The line manager / mentor play an important role in helping the student to learn and succeed in their placement – but what is their role throughout the placement?
In this 1-hour webinar, we’ll give you an overview of what industry placements are, the role of line managers / mentors at each state of the placement, and the government support now available to help you.
The webinar will cover:
- What are industry placements and T Levels?
- The business benefits of offering industry placements, for example: cost-effective channels for recruitment, fresh ideas, talent pipeline, reputation in your community / industry
- The role of line managers throughout the placement
- The role of mentors throughout the placement
- How line managers / mentors can best support the student to succeed at each stage
- Case study insights from those already offering industry placements
- The government support available to help you
Who is the webinar for?
This webinar is for anyone who would like to know more about industry placements and the role of the line manager / mentor. The content has been designed for those who may take on a line management / mentor role and also for HR and Learning and Development professionals, Managers and decision makers.
Speakers and presenters
The webinar has been commissioned by the Department for Education and will be delivered by SDN. SDN is at the forefront of helping organisations to explore how apprenticeships and technical education can contribute to the development of their workforce.