Industry placements – supporting your workforce development
There is no charge for this session.
An industry placement is an extended period of structured time that a student spends in your workplace, developing real skills and making a meaningful contribution to your organisation.
What might this look like in the current circumstances?
Many employers have already been offering industry placements, which will be a fundamental part of T Levels – a new course designed by employers that follows GCSEs, which combines classroom learning with a substantial placement (at least 315 hours).
In this 90-minute online session, we’ll give you an overview of what industry placements are, how they might contribute to your workforce development in the coming months, and the government support now available to help you.
In the session, you will:
• hear the latest from the Department for Education (DfE) about industry placements and T Levels
• explore how industry placements might contribute to the development of your workforce, as you respond, adapt and recover from the impact of COVID-19 restrictions.
• consider the longer-term benefits of offering industry placements and how this might work alongside apprenticeships and work experience.
• have chance to put questions to the DfE, hear from employers already offering placements and speak with other like-minded business during breakout sessions.
• be signposted to new government support now available to help you.
Who is the briefing for?
This event is for anyone who would like to know the latest about industry placements. The content has been designed with HR / Learning and Development staff / Team Managers in mind.
Speakers and presenters The webinar has been commissioned by the Department for Education and will be delivered by the Strategic Development Network (SDN). SDN is at the forefront of helping organisations to explore how apprenticeships and technical education can contribute to the development of their workforce.