Industry placements for agriculture, environment and animal care roles
How might industry placements work for agriculture, environment and animal care roles within your organisation?
There is no charge to attend this webinar.
An industry placement is an extended period of structured time that a student spends in your workplace, developing real skills and making a meaningful contribution to your organisation.
Many employers are already offering industry placements, which will be a fundamental part of T Levels – a new course designed by employers for 16-19-year olds, which combines classroom learning with a substantial industry placement (at least 315 hours).
Industry placements can work in many roles within your organisation. In this 1-hour webinar, we’ll give you an overview of what industry placements look like for agriculture, environment and animal care roles, how to make sure it is a success for you and the student, and the government support now available to help you.
The webinar will cover:
- What are industry placements and T Levels?
- What do industry placements look like for agriculture, environment and animal care roles?
- The business benefits of offering industry placements, for example: cost-effective channels for recruitment, fresh ideas, talent pipeline, reputation in your community / industry
- The difference between apprenticeships, industry placements and work experience and how they can work together
- Roles and responsibilities: for you as the employer; the student; the college, the school or other provider
- Case study insights from those already offering agriculture, environment and animal care placements
- The government support available to help you
Who is the webinar for?
This webinar is for anyone who would like to know more about industry placements in agriculture, environment and animal care roles and explore how they might support your workforce development plans. The content has been designed with HR / Learning and Development staff and agriculture, environment and animal care team leads / managers in mind.
Speakers and presenters
The webinar has been commissioned by the Department for Education and will be delivered by SDN. SDN is at the forefront of helping organisations to explore how apprenticeships and technical education can contribute to the development of their workforce. By clicking on book now, you will be engaging with the Department for Education (DfE) and its partner (SDN) in respect of attending webinars or workshops, requesting hands-on support and receiving specific resources / advice relevant to your organisation about industry placement. We need to obtain your consent to take, hold and share personal data, which will include name, email address, contact number and relevant information about your organisation. All personal information stored on the (SDN) system will be treated as confidential and will adhere to data privacy requirements. Your details will not be shared beyond the DfE, SDN and a DfE commissioned external evaluation body.